Thursday, August 31, 2006
Katy Crockett: "Who's your momma/daddy?" Genealogy Project 401 Findings
Katy Crockett, from Bend (Deschutes County), recently asked for assistance in outlining her family tree and looking for any historical information regarding her family.
A few of our favorite Katy Crockett Family Tree findings:
1) Katy is a sixth generation Oregonian.
2) Katy's fourth great grandfather, William Crockett, was the uncle of Alamo patriot Davy Crocket.
3) Marion Edgar was an Oregon Pioneer of 1845, while census records suggest the family may have settled in the Oregon Territory as early as 1843.
4) Reverend Robert Doke Gray, born 1805, Washington Co., Tennessee, settled on Donation Land Claim Number 4890, in Benton Co., Oregon. His party arrived in Oregon on November 1, 1853. In 1859 he and Deacon John Lloyd were sent to Washington Territory where they organized the first Baptist churches in that area. He established Baptist churches in Benton Co. and preached in Lane and Benton Co. churches, Ore. He moved to Cove, Ore., 1868; d. 18 Sept. 1870, Union Co., Oregon.
5) Ancestor Lazarus Wright was a Captain in the Rogue Indian Wars of 1855-56. Thereafter, moved from Myrtle Creek, Oregon to Union County, Oregon.
6) Nicholas Cairn, and family, immigrated from Germany in 1732 aboard the ship "Pink Plaisance". His first wife, Margaret, died in transit.